Sunday, 27 September 2009

Sunday 27th September 2009


Picture shamelessly taken from Wikipedia. It's a picture of the Falkirk wheel, an expensive boat lift joining the Union Canal and the Forth and Clyde Canal together. Built to commemorate the millennium it'll soon be joined in the area by the Helix project which will have two large kelpie heads that will move to displace water, hilarious for anyone with a fear of horses.

When people talk about the Falkirk wheel they always praise it's iconic structure, how it's the only one of it's kind in the world and so on but I'm curious to know what people who aren't from this area or country think of a big boat wheel. So leave your comments.

Today at the Falkirk wheel was some strange event involving parachuting teddy bears, I'm being serious, here's the link. I wasn't personally at the event but my sister and her husband were. Luckily I have the good news of reporting (thanks to a text from my sisters husband) that there were no decapitations or serious injuries to teddy bears during their jumping, just pride and admiration.

Congratulations to all the brave teddy bears who took part, you're an inspiration to us all. I shall now dedicate this blog entry to those teddy bears fighting overseas who keep us safe from food poisoning, ants and rabbit violence at pic nics.

No comments:

Post a Comment