Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Wednesday 16th December 2009

How do you make yourself happy?

I have no idea what the answer is but maybe I should start drinking and snorting sherbet.

I have recently discovered thanks to CBT that the way we question things in our mind effects us overall.

There's things called PIG beliefs and SET beliefs.

PIG is

Permanent
Internal
General

SET is

Situational
External
Temporary

Good things should be reinforced with PIG beliefs and bad things should be SET beliefs but with depression it's usually the other way round.

So how do you go about changing your thought process?

Again I have no idea but it's what I'm currently working on.

It just doesn't seem natural to be Scottish and happy.

Jesus died for our sins and if you only remember Jesus for one reason, remember this, never get nailed to a cross when you have an itchy nose. It's torture.

1 comment: