Friday, 1 January 2010

Friday 1st January 2010

So it's a new year, time for a new start and time to meet the new me. Well since I don't like meeting new people I'll just hide.

Lets start with

HAPPY NEW YEAR

always a good place to start I think. So it's now 2010 and it's now a new decade. Seems like only yesterday that people were worried about Y2K when they should of been thinking about swine flu.

I'm pretty bad at sticking to resolutions but really this year I should aim to do something. Having goals is a good thing.

1) Get a job, I hate doing nothing so this seems pretty obvious.

2) Get fitter, I hate not being as fit as I used to be.

3) Talk to people, if I can overcome this then that'd help a lot with number 1.

4) Believe I can do things. This is hard. Trying to find self belief when all you can do is say sorry for everything.


As hard as it is to believe I entered a singing competition, it is an out of tune one but still it's showcasing my talents... Now I know I can't sing but actually letting other people hear it is a big step for me. People might mock it and laugh but I haven't died, I haven't thrown up and I haven't killed someone with a pen. If I can do that then maybe just maybe it's a step in the right direction.

3 comments:

  1. You're doing a good thing, overcoming the fear of acting in public, it's important to learn, will help you all your life long.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, good to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything in the competition is going to be good natured and fun even the sarcastic comments by us. As you said it's an "out of tune" contest and you're going to get points dropped for singing IN tune so it's important to sing as insanely as possible.

    For the record you're already 50% braver than me - I'd never enter it as a contestant. :)

    ReplyDelete