Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Oh hello stupidity

The phone rang yesterday, I picked it up and said "hello" , no answer, I said "hello" again, still no answer, the line wasn't dead I could hear movement. " Hello?" I said once more still no answer but this time I could faintly hear someone. Annoyed I hung up and went back to what I was doing. Wasn't till a little while after I looked at my phone and noticed that I had rung the house from my mobile in my pocket. It was me who I heard moving.

Mystery solved, about an hour later the phone rang again, " Hello?" I answered to which there was no reply, I repeated the process and still no answer, suddenly I remember what I had done earlier and yup it had happened again, I had been talking to myself yet again. 

First driving lesson went okay, only problem being when asked questions I tend to give my answers in a sequence of words, actions and noises. She had asked what happens when a car stalls so I gave a demonstration of the noise and a little shudder of a stalling car. I wasn't particularly good at what she was telling me to do, I couldn't get the hang of steering the way she wanted me to do it, the peddles were a lot more sensitive than my normal xbox controls and being rather tall I didn't fit particularly well into her little Suzuki Swift.

I know I'm intelligent but I can't help but wonder if I'll ever be able to drive, you're supposed to not think and let the actions come naturally. I can't not think. I need to consider everything I'm doing and that usually means I forget something. Both my sister and mother are awful at saying which way is right and left but I'm normally pretty good at it, however when in a car I seem to forget everything.

Oh well at least I got a trip to the Falkirk Wheel. 

2 comments:

  1. You're only thinking about it too much because it's new and difficult as you've never really done it before. It'll get more natural quickly and you won't have to think about it. I love driving. It's soothing. :) Just look out for those moose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking out for the moose that's why I hit the kerb a few times. Can't get the hang of the gentle part though.

    ReplyDelete