Sunday, 26 September 2010

Seems memory can only store 2 things

Well this weekend I've been kitten sitting for my sister and brother in law. They recently moved house o a much bigger one, well that is compared to their old house. Sadly their older cat has got an aggressive type of cancer, I've known her since she was a kitten and it's just another low in her life after losing her brother. She seems very depressed, not sure if cats get depression but she just looks very sad. Thankfully she seems to be in no pain even though her back leg is about twice the size of her normal legs. She loves to get brushed so I've been doing a fair bit of that this weekend. Her medication is ridiculous, she has 2 tablets that she gets twice a day but one of them she only gets half a tablet and the other she only gets 1/6th. The tablet is only a couple of mm across, have you ever tried to cut a tablet into a sixth? I sprayed most of it as dust over the kitchen floor.


My sister got a couple of kittens recently which are shown above, one's male (Ash) and the other is female (Willow) sadly my sister didn't go with the names that I suggested. Like her older cat, the female kitten has medication to get, just an eye drop into her left eye twice a day. Not an easy task. I managed it last night but this morning I have no idea if the drop went into her eye or not, she wriggled just at the exact time I squeezed the tube then went off and licked herself. The medication says for external use only so now I'm paranoid that I've damaged her kitten. 

To make sure that I didn't forget to give the cat and kittens their medication I made a note of what they were to get and when on a piece of paper. Unfortunately it seems my brain can only hold 2 pieces of information at a time. Despite taking my own medication for over a year I managed to forget it yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment